Wednesday 16 February 2011

The Domus at Beaulieu Wedding Photography - Nicola and Simon

This was going to be a very special wedding for me, as I'd already photographed Nicola's sister, Louisa, earlier in the year here, so I knew the family quite well already which was brilliant.

Such a lovely family deserved an amazing day and they definitely got it - the weather was beautiful. The Domus at Beaulieu is such a stunning place to get married. Here's a little piece taken from the Beaulieu website about it:

The Abbey is central to the history of Beaulieu. Founded 800 years ago by Cistercian Monks from France, the Abbey was destroyed by Henry VIII during the Dissolution of the Monastaries. This left only two buildings intact: the lay brothers' dormitory, known as the Domus, and the Monks' Refectory, now the Parish Church of Beaulieu.

The Domus is licenced so you can have your wedding ceremony and reception in the same room - which is exactly what Nicola and Simon did.

Now I'm sure Nicola won't mind me saying, but just before Louisa and Nick's wedding in June she found out she was having a baby, so it meant that on her wedding day she was going to be 6 month's pregnant. She'd already bought her wedding dress, but as it turned out (after a couple of small alterations) it couldn't have been a more perfect dress, as on the day she looked like a princess!

I spent the morning with the girls at Stanwell House in Lymington, a very stylish boutique hotel in the centre of Lymington (so only up the road from me!) Everyone was in a great mood and Nicola was on top form, wouldn't have known she was pregnant at all, with all the energy that she had!





You may remember Louisa from my previous blog post here.








Don't you just love their matching hoodies with their titles on the back?!


Isn't that dress beautiful?


As is Nicola, indeed.


Sister's getting excited - love it!



Then I headed over to the Montagu Arms in Beaulieu to meet up with the boys, who were having a couple of drinks before the ceremony!







Simon had to have photos with his pride and joy (the car!) on request!












Nicola and her Dad Les looking very excited for the day ahead!


It was a lot of dress to get out of the car!




Stunning!





I love this relaxed shot of Simon, Nicola and Dad Les during the ceremony.


How proud is Les?




Mum Carol and Louisa just couldn't keep in the tears!


Married!






I love this one of both of the couples I've photographed their big day for!








I saw these two arches and thought of those little weather people on clocks (do you know what I mean?!), which is where I got the idea for this shot - I'm really pleased with it!


We wondered over to the gardens to get some more romantic shots.


They used this shot for their thank you cards - it looked fab!




The light in this one is divine!










Speech time! I even got a mention from Les - thanks Les! *blush*






Two best men, so a joint speech!




Then onto the first dance.




It was a fabulous wedding and I felt so welcome - it was really amazing that people remembered me from Louisa and Nick's wedding earlier in the year. Nicola - you looked beautiful and must have been absolutely shattered at the end of the night - you were still going when I left!

Most importantly congratulations to the new Parker family on baby Madison May - and good luck in your new family home too! Hope to see you soon.

1 comment: